• Use of precision tools, fixtures and measuring equipment to perform assembly, in-process inspections, calibration, and test of hydro-mechanical fuel controls in an aerospace production/quality environment.
• Follows all prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
• Performs work through the utilization of electronic work instructions, engineering and quality procedures, blueprints and other specifications.
• Reads, understands and works to Quality Procedures.
• Visually inspects parts and product for quality.
• Detects and reports faulty operation, defective tools and materials.
• Initiates action to prevent/correct product/process non-conformity.
• Maintain all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintains work areas and tools according to Visual Management and 5S Standards.
• Must be able to work overtime, including weekends.
• Attend and actively participate in daily Tier meetings
• Participate in continuous improvement and rapid problem solving
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• US Citizen
• High School Diploma
• Able to follow detailed assembly and test instructions consistently, and interpret blueprints/drawings.
• Ability to use precision measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, dial calipers and depth micrometers.
• Ability to work with hand tools of different types.
• Basic computer skills with ability to navigate internet and MS office.
• Intermediate math skills
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in an assembly and/or test manufacturing environment
• North Carolina WorkKeys Career Readiness certificate, Silver or Gold preferred
• Six Sigma training or certification
• Associates degree
• Able to work and communicate well with others.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced aerospace production environment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and solve issues at the lowest level.
• Knowledge and demonstrated adherence to 5-S principles
• Have led or actively participated in an continuous improvement manufacturing activity