The Administrative Assistant I provides general administrative support in a fast-paced office environment. The candidate should have an understanding of general office procedures, have the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and provide general administrative support.
Job Duties - Some Examples of the job duties may include:
• This position may plan and schedule meetings, answer phone calls and handles walk-in inquiries.
• May coordinate travel arrangements, arrange related details for events and/or meetings.
• May maintains calendars, type and proof documents produced by others.
• May have to create, maintain and collect data for standard reports charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
• May be responsible for answering and routing phone calls, taking messages, and responding to inquiries;
• May have to greet visitors; request and provide routine information.
• May have place orders for office supplies and equipment.
• May be responsible for submitting helpdesk tickets for repairs and technical support.
• May have to monitor and update inventory, budget and account records.
• May be exposed to confidential information and handle confidential matters.
• May provide support to individual managers or at a departmental level.
• May resolve routine problems and communications where the response is based on existing procedures; refers more complex problems.
• May assists in event planning with department-wide scope.
• Must perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding, filing, and calculating.
• High School Education or equivalent preferred.
• Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills required including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred.
• Knowledgeable with using computer applications involving word processing, data entry, and internet search software relevant to the position preferred.
• Working knowledge with office administrative practices and procedures required.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Sufficient ability to communicate through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions preferred.
• Must work cooperatively in a diverse work environment required.
• Perform other functions that may be assigned.
Additional Job Details: warehouse environment. sturdy work shoes required. must be able to lift 70 lbs. assistance will be available, if needed.