• Bachelor's Degree Experience: Five to eight years preferred.
• Knowledge Areas: -Procurement/Strategic Sourcing
• Contract Management
• Supply Management Technical Skills: -MicroSoft Office Suite -e-Sourcing Application
• Certifications/Licenses: -Procurement Certification
• CPM/CPSMor Individual Competencies
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
• Problem Solving
• Action-Oriented -Collaborates
• Communicates Effectively
• Position Summary: Coordinates and participates in the procurement of critical goods and services, and the development of fulfillment of contract requirements on behalf of the Sixth District.
• Prepares Request for Proposal, Request for Quotes, bid analysis, negotiates contract terms and conditions, recommends/awards to the customer, and awards contracts.
Key Responsibilities: -Serves as a primary contact for requesting business areas in the completion of complex procurement activities to include the identification of mandatory and optional requirements, sourcing potential vendors, identifying and coordinating the required procurement process including preparation of bids or bid exceptions, bid analysis including cost/price analysis, obtaining approvals, working with Vendor Management Consultant to develop and negotiate contracts, awarding contracts, documenting the bid process, and working with business area and vendors to address performance issues.
• Develops contracts requirements through interaction with business areas on the purchase of complex, sophisticated and critical materials, supplies, equipment, or services of substantial importance to the organization.
• Procurements may be complex and require coordination with the business area to ensure business area requirements are identified.
• Procurements may be one-time purchases or long-term, blanket contracts.
• Provides ongoing analytical support to business areas by researching requirements and solutions.
• Must have an excellent understanding of the District’s procurement guidelines and procedures.
• Must have experience in contract development and strong analytical skills.
• Supports business areas in six offices and ensures all procurement activities are conducted in compliance with Model Acquisition Guidelines and District procedures.
• Assists business areas by tracking contract spend to ensure invoices paid comply with terms of contracts.
• May participate in procurements or on workgroups at the System level.
• Reviews the Contracts Unit practice to ensure it is efficient and in compliance with District Advisory Letters and System level Model Acquisition Guidelines (MAG).
• Further, reviews the District Advisory Letters to ensure they reflect actual practice and are in compliance with MAG.
• Makes recommendations to modify the Unit practice or Advisory Letters as necessary.