UX Data Designer
The selected candidate will serve as a UX Designer to work with stakeholders and data specialists (e.g. data analysts, data scientists) to understand problems and desired outcomes and design analytics products that enable data-driven business decision making.
They will also work with teams across to continue developing the Data Design competency with tools,
community-building and consulting services.
This position is for a UX Designer within Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) supporting Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS). The work location for this position is virtual within the continental United States.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not
• Exhibit a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness presenting large and complex data sets in a usable, understandable, and appealing way while working as part of an Agile scrum team.
• Leverage quantitative and qualitative user research and participatory design activities to identify user needs, help in requirements definition, user testing, and usability evaluations.
• Design user interfaces/experiences that align data insights with the users’ goals and needs.
• Effectively document and communicate UX and visual design of projects using personas, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, workflows, user stories, test dashboards and visualizations.
• Establish processes, templates, training programs and tools supporting the design process for use by data analysts.
• Collaborate with data analysts to develop solutions that effectively communicate data.
• Create analytic dashboard mockups and final products in analytics tools.
• US Citizenship required.
• Experience with storytelling and visualizations within the realm of data analytics.
• Experience with facilitating user research and user testing sessions.
• Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools and solving business problems using data sets, Tableau preferred but candidates with experience in other data visualization tools like BusinessObjects, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Power BI will be considered
• Ability to document solutions in support of standards and best practices.
• Ability to juggle multiple ongoing priorities and projects.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills, business acumen, attention to detail, and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Design, Information Management/Systems/Sciences, Web Design/Development, Marketing, or other relevant area.
Experience working with cross-functional, diverse, virtual teams
• Knowledge of design thinking methodologies
• Knowledge of data visualization theories and best practices
• Experience with whiteboarding design tools such as InVision, Mural, Balsamiq, Miro, etc.
• Experience with graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
• Knowledge of web design tools such as Adobe XD, Wordpress etc.
• Knowledge of Agile development processes and tools.