• The Logistics Specialist will assist with supply chain activities required to bring products and ingredients into contracted warehouses, vendors, to our plants, or direct to customers. In this role, you will complete documentation and systems entry to enable timely and cost-effective flow of products and ingredients.
• Conduct activities to support the development of relationships to assist with order and shipment changes in making the best buy or sell decisions to minimize costs and maximize profits and services.
• Execute specialized transportation and logistics activities around material resource planning for the facilities, claims and incidents, customer service and customer orders contracts.
• Facilitate shipments against purchase and sales contracts, execute internal and external purchase orders and invoices and perform data entry updates using enterprise resource planning systems, spreadsheets and databases.
• Resolve basic issues and provide recommendations to support improved and cost beneficial freight movements.
• Assist with routine scheduling, transportation arrangement, stock inventory management and reporting of shipments according to purchase and sales contracts.
• Perform activities that support transportation and logistics solutions on inbound movement of raw commodity ingredients and finished goods from origin to destination.
• Execute logistics activities that support the execution of the supply chain, including transportation capacity planning, management of third party warehouses and vendors, container administration and import shipments.
• Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (preferably in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management, or a related degree) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in Transportation or Supply Chain
- Demonstrate ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment
-Experience working in a Transportation Management System
- Understanding of FTL rate structures
- Independent problem solving and effective decision-making skills
-Functional knowledge of SAP system