Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment. Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Uses documented work instructions and manufacturing execution systems for receiving, picking or delivering parts.
• Assignments and processes are semi-routine in nature.
• Works with little direction and has ability to operate Powered Industrial Vehicles to load, unload and transfer materials.
• Assembles product as required, delivers material to the production area, picks up waste, and delivers finished product on a scheduled basis following a set route.
• May also assist with changeover, provide tools and materials, and give any additional help needed to maintain standard work and keep the flow going.
• Overtime is an essential function of this position which typically requires 8 hours of overtime/week.
• Actual overtime hours may vary.
• Problem solving
• Reading and understanding written instructions and schematics
• Using a computer to view, log, or find appropriate job related information
• Self-directed in a team environment
• Safe use of Powered industrial vehicles, scanning devices and other material handling equipment
• Use tools and equipment including hammers, cutters for wood, cardboard and plastics, forklifts and other motorized equipment
• A minimum of High School Diploma/GED OR 1 year of verified related experience
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience
• Basic Computer Literacy
• Basic Reading and Writing
GED or High School Diploma