• Conduct mill sampling, laboratory testing and laboratory equipment maintenance.
• Calibration as required in the support of the operating groups and the compliance with State and Federal Governmental Agency regulations.
• Assist in trials, quality testing and evaluations for production optimization.
II. DUTIES (ACCOUNTABILITIES):
• Conduct and report environmental tests for wastewater samples.
• Make standard solutions for testing.
• Pulp Quality Analysis.
• Use various wet chemical or physical testing.
• Calibrate and program operational paper test equipment.
• Do quality control testing for test equipment.
• Sample, test and prepare reports for various routine operating balances.
• Various environmental laboratory and field tests.
• Liquor testing.
• Recovery Boiler Methanol testing.
• Consistency Checks for all Paper and Pulp mill meters.
• Ordering lab equipment and supplies .
• Altering work schedule to accommodate routine operating needs and maintain highest productivity.
• Setting up and calibrating equipment.
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• At Least 2 years of college or technical education graduate or equivalent.
• Course work in chemistry or chemical engineering and physics preferred.
• At least 5 years technical experience required, 3 years of which are in a laboratory environment.
• Must be able to work alone.
• Microsoft Office and knowledge of ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
• A general knowledge of laboratory techniques and procedures and a basic knowledge of and chemistry.
• Also have a general knowledge of lab equipment listed below:
• High performance Ion Chromatograph, pH Meter, Conductivity Meter, Electronic Balances, Ultraviolet Spectrometer, Turbidity Meter, Dissolved Oxygen Meter, Personal Computer, Dew Point Meter, AA Gas Analyzer, Solids Balance, Viscosity Meter, Portable Gas Analyzer, TOC meter and Moisture Meter.
• Must have ability to handle sensitive instruments. Precise work and dexterity area a must.
• Must be agile to move around the lab. Will be standing or walking 60% of the time. Some lifting required.
• Must be alert to identify testing problems and interpret results.
• Chemical lab environment. Fumes and odors from chemicals and samples.
• Handling of hazardous chemicals and flammable solvents.