• Assembles fabricated parts at floor stations.
• Tests and calibrates parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
• Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications.
• Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
• May require 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.