• JOB OBJECTIVE:
• Weld units, or components for units, by performing any combination of related and recurring welding activities in a safe manner with quality workmanship.
• ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Weld units and components by using prescribed procedures and standard welding methods.
• MARGINAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs operations with a gouger.
• Performs housekeeping and other duties as required.
• PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Lifting 10-20 lbs. (occasional), Standing (constant), Walking (frequently), Bending (frequently), Climbing (occasional), Crawling (occasional), Reaching (occasional), Grasping (frequently), Sitting (occasional), Judgment (frequently).
• Must understand and follow safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Work from written and oral instructions, prints or sketches. Vision corrected to 20/20.
• Handling equipment and material (frequently).
• ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
• Manufacturing – Exposure to noise, dirt, dust, cold/heat (indoor), cold/heat (outdoor). Job hazards of working around heavy equipment and machinery.
• TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
• Mig gun, tape measure, small hand tools, welding tools, power tools, cranes and drills.
• Must pass welding 6G test on 2” pipe (WPS 30-112,short arc and spray).
Knowledge of hand tools. Ability to read a measuring tape.
• Perform math at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school.
• Ability to maintain clean and safe work area and/or equipment as required. Good hand dexterity required to weld. Be familiar with different alloys and ability to use a gouger. Operate positioning equipment .
• Ability to work from detailed drawings, schematics and specifications.
• Knowledgeable in the preparation of material for welding and properly rig loads. Interpret welding symbols.
• Setup and adjust welding machines.
• Test welds with pressure (actual testing will be done only as authorized).
• As a condition of employment, active participation in a Continuous Improvement Team is required.
• The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments necessitated by business reasons which may affect production/operations to some degree.