• Machine Operator I must be able to operate and do basic set ups with minimal supervision to perform a variety of machine operations primarily in the hard tool and lights out area to fabricate, cut, shape, and drill or form metal work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications and continuous production consistent with established standards.
• Must be receive training and certification to run a variety of machines in an area to include but not limited to Brake Press, Turret, Hairpin, Fin Press, Expander, etc.
1. Knowledgeable in basic set up and operation of metal fabricating machines to cut, bend, and form metal plates, sheets, and structural shapes according to blueprints and specifications. Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, engineering drawings, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, sequence of operations, and material requirements.
2. Safety Awareness - Takes responsibility for his or her own safety as well as the safety of others. Understands the proper processes/equipment in the department. Knowledge of JSA’s, PPE usage, 5S, and all safety regulations in the facility. Responsible for overall cleanliness of working area.
3. Quality - Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisors. Performs first article inspection for conformance to specifications both blue print and work order.
4. Teamwork – Builds teamwork by working with other departments, shifts, and management to meet and exceed customer expectations. Communicate regularly and effectively with co-workers, utilities, coordinators, and management and reports problems with safety, quality, processes, equipment, materials, and/or questionable conditions to the Department Supervisor. Displays professionalism in the workplace, able to perform duties during times of stress and pressure.
5. Continuous Improvement – Ability to manage time and deliver results. Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions with the understanding of value-added versus non-value added activities and improve the ratio. Ability to collect and understand production data corresponding to the machinery.
6. Flexibility. Availability to work overtime and/or move between shifts for training and/or coverage purposes to support production as needed.
7. Demonstrated ability to use computer, utilizing software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and ERP systems. Relevant knowledge to look up blueprints, production orders, key parts into inventory, and use the system as a tool to assist in production.
8. Must perform operator preventative maintenance of equipment.
9. Perform other assignments as directed by management.
• Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and 2 years of experience.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates an attention to detail.
• Ability to read, communicate and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blueprints and engineering drawings in the English Language.