Job title: FSQ Chemist
* 75% Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
* Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data.
* Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing & oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
* Training of new food safety and quality chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
* Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
* Performance of calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation.
* Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned such as; additional sampling and testing as requested, maintaining the food safety management system, solution preparation, sensory preparation, inventory management for lab supplies, and cleaning of lab areas.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Other Required Experience/Qualifications:
Must be able to lift 20 pounds. Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods, able to navigate safely in an industrial environment
Additional Preferred Experience/Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in science field
Understanding of analytical techniques, safety practices.