• The Medical Assistant 2
• is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care.
• The Medical Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments.
• Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Medical Assistant 2 performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses.
• Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows.
• Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments.
• Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction.
• Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
High School Diploma
1 - 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in 'back-office' direct patient care
Applicable State licensure in field of study (RMA/ CMA)
Current CPR certification
less than 2 years of Professional leadership experience
This role is considered patient facing and is part of /Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program.
• If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
• Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
Experience with MS Outlook
Basic Computer knowledge
Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
Experience with Electronic Medical Records
Experience with HEDIS
Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following:
• American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
Rad tech license ( AART)