Role: Media Marketing Professional 1 (Search Engine Optimization Consultant)
Search Engine Optimization Consultant
-The SEO Consultant is responsible for improving Client’s organic search visibility as part of a search marketing team.
- The ideal candidate is data-driven, organized and has the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The SEO consultant must have a proven track record of creating original, strategic search roadmaps, communicating value across multiple teams, working with development to implement changes and delivering updates / results to an executive audience.
- This position requires expert knowledge of SEO tools and processes as well as the ability to effectively communicate and teach search marketing concepts to marketing team members, cross functional teams, and business stakeholders.
• Exhibit a mastery of technical SEO topics surrounding crawling, indexation, and ranking signals, both on and off site
• Identify technical SEO problems, utilize proper tools for research and discovery, and be able to provide recommendations and solutions
• Analyze and monitor site and page performance, extract insights, identify relevant trends and provide well-developed, proactive recommendations to exceed overall business search marketing goals and objectives
• Effectively evangelize the importance of search and best practices across the organization
• Develop advanced SEO strategy, including harnessing the insights of SEM, to meet immediate and long term company goals
• Gather and analyze competitor intelligence
• Provide on-page optimization including keyword generation, page titles and meta descriptions
• Make content recommendations that align with customer intent and desired customer experiences
• Communicate SEO strategies and goals and collaborate with internal teams, including designers, content strategists and writers, and product owners
• Create and deliver training on SEO concepts and tools
• Support development of new as well as refinement of existing SEO processes
• Drive implementation of emerging and advanced SEO tactics
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Preferred focus in Arts or Science with an emphasis in business, marketing, computer science or information technology
• Minimum of 4 years enterprise-level SEO experience
• Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and experience using industry tools, i.e.:
• Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Coremetrics
• Google Search Console and Page Speed Insights
• Majestic SEO, OpenSiteExplorer, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, iQuanti ALPS
• Keyword Research Tools, e.g.: Google Adwords
• Working knowledge of SiteCore CMS platform a plus
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to visualize data and concepts effectively
• Ability to work effectively across a highly matrixed organization
• Strategic and creative thinking – always focusing on innovative, but measurable solutions
• Strong communication and presentation skills – spoken, written, and visual – for internal creative and technical teams as well as executives