Title: Business Intelligence Engineer - Medicare Data
Notes from Discovery Call:
-Candidates will need is experience working with gigantic datasets in MS SQL, Netezza, Azure Cloud, or another relational database.
-They need to be fluent in querying those databases and creating results that help customers take meaningful action (producing business intelligence reports, producing ETLs,
-Responding to audit requests, or creating data visualizations).
-Need people who work with data all day and can sit down and write complicated queries from scratch without leaning on google search for every step.
- I need smart and curious individuals who actually look forward to working with ambiguity on a daily basis.
-The Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
-Business Intelligence Engineer will focus on reporting and business intelligence solutions in support of Client’s encounter submissions for Medicare Advantage members.
-This team reports on hundreds of thousands of submissions daily to help our teams identify and remedy any submissions errors and detect and report on trends in these submissions.
-The Business Intelligence Engineer work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
-The Business Intelligence Engineer describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information.
-Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas.
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed.
-Follows established guidelines/procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Less than 5 years of technical experience in data analysis
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Expertise in assessing complex data sets and performing root cause analysis
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
• Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 1 or more years of experience in SQL, SAS or other data systems
• In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
• Experience with data mining and predictive modeling techniques
• Ability to use data to drive business outcomes and decisions
• Additional Information