• High School diploma required.
• College degree or additional course work beyond High School a plus.
• Some administrative experience
• Typing speed of 45 WPM as well as advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Experience with Oracle, Kronos, & Access preferred.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Able to be flexible with changes in system, process, and policy
• Availability for a M-F schedule, but also able to adjust schedule up to 6 times a year to ship payroll early.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Audit check register and time tickets biweekly.
• Review pay records weekly, including but not limited to punches in time system, benefit time paid through the scheduling system, and review correction requests, adding corrections via various methods in various systems as needed.
• Research Payroll Garnishments and refer agents to appropriate channels.
• Master proper code usage for attendance/LOA tracking, assisting HRC/LOAC with properly tracking LOA time, and ensuring that all impacted employees understand impact of coding • Process manual checks in accordance with existing process, and providing feedback as needed to minimize need for MCRs
• Understand and be able to speak to FLSA calculations, state DOL regulations, basic LOA criteria, as well as any state specific leaves of absence
• May be asked to assist with onboarding new hires, and/or providing system training
• Answer all payroll related questions from employees.
• Manage all employee benefit banks, auditing regularly for accuracy.
• Setup employee profiles and banks upon hire
• Work with leaders to ensure that proper processes are being followed, policies are understood, and payroll is reviewed by payroll deadlines.
• Collaborate with other PCs to provide coverage during time off, and to share best practices
• Take on additional payroll/HR projects as needed
This is a remote position but must be in Irving Texas area