• The primary purpose of this position is to support the shipment execution process for customers and client Business Units.
• This includes collecting, preparing, maintaining, and sending various required documentation to assure scheduled shipments are carried out in an efficient manner.
• The Transportation Assistant also monitors and communicates delivery status of shipments to Sales, customers, carriers, and other stakeholders.
• Under limited supervision, this position resolves general return and diversion issues.
• The Transportation Assistant also collects and organizes data for company reporting, including metrics and service failures for management analysis.
Monitor pick- ups and deliveries, communicating delays & reasons to sales and carriers. Respond to routine inquiries, Manage returns, diversions and order changes, and documentation of late deliveries.
Follow carrier issues from time of order entry to delivery.
Compile documentation of service incidents to be presented to the management for resolution.
Other Duties as Assigned, including collecting data for monthly scorecard Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet. This position is posted internally as well as externally
• High School Diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred)
• 1 year experience in an office environment, preferably in the transportation industry
• Proven attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and Multitask
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Access and Excel
• Good sense of US geography