Overall Responsibilities: Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtain work instructions from supervisor.
• Work from written and verbal instructions, purchase orders, invoices, delivery slips, and similar records.
• Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
• Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
• Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
• Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Help maintain the housekeeping of all location warehouses and building grounds.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment, incorrect orders, damaged items, shortages, and refer questionable situations to the supervisor.
• Must know and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain warehouse housekeeping and 5S.
• Perform these and other comparable related duties as instructed by management.
• Participate in all HPT functions.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be computer proficient.
Education and Experience:
• Prefer High School diploma or 1 year related work experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
• Ability to read complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and tape measures; various types of precision measuring instruments.
• Ability to use basic math and read a ruler.
• Requires the use of judgement to plan and perform work, make decisions accordingly.