Description/Comment: Job Summary:
* The Administrative Assistant I provides general administrative support in a fast-paced office environment.
* The candidate should have an understanding of general office procedures, have the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and provide general administrative support.
Job Duties - Some Examples of the job duties may include:
• This position may plan and schedule meetings, answer phone calls and handles walk-in inquiries.
• May coordinate travel arrangements, arrange related details for events and/or meetings.
• May maintains calendars, type and proof documents produced by others.
• May have to create, maintain and collect data for standard reports charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases. May be responsible for answering and routing phone calls, taking messages, and responding to inquiries;
• May have to greet visitors; request and provide routine information.
• May have place orders for office supplies and equipment.
• May be responsible for submitting helpdesk tickets for repairs and technical support.
• May have to monitor and update inventory, budget and account records.
• May be exposed to confidential information and handle confidential matters.
• May provide support to individual managers or at a departmental level.
• May resolve routine problems and communications where the response is based on existing procedures; refers more complex problems.
• May assists in event planning with department-wide scope.
• Must perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding, filing, and calculating.
• High School Education or equivalent preferred.
• Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills required including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred.
• Knowledgeable with using computer applications involving word processing, data entry, and internet search software relevant to the position preferred.
• Working knowledge with office administrative practices and procedures required.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Sufficient ability to communicate through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions preferred.
• Must work cooperatively in a diverse work environment required.
• Perform other functions that may be assigned.
Additional Job Details: * Temps will monitor health check forms.
* Employees have an opportunity to fill out electronically on cell phone.
* Employee can look at cell phone to validate the date is correct and screen is green (approved-safe to work).
* For employees who do not want to use cell phone they can fill out a health check on paper at the facility entrance.