• Start date ASAP
• Opportunity for temp to perm
• Must be a US Citizen only
• Performs hands-on diverse technical tasks related to testing of advanced electronics assemblies for space and defense applications.
• This position supports testing, troubleshooting and fault isolation of these assemblies by performing well defined development tests, system integration, and formal acceptance tests, which includes environmental testing.
• Proactiveness, good communication skills, and discipline are essential for this position.
• This job entails dynamic, thermal, and functional testing. It includes the ability to set-up, program, and operate special test equipment for the program to perform Acceptance Test Procedures.
• It also requires lifting and handling fixtures as well as the ability to handle and manipulate delicate hardware and circuit card assemblies.
• Must be able to keep detailed test logs, follow detailed test procedures without error and provide daily pass-along shift information (both verbal and written documentation).
• Execute on cleanliness/standardization, Safety, equipment/lab maintenance and Operating System tasks on a daily basis; demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement.
• Daily interaction with both test technicians and engineers. Communication and Teamwork skills are extremely important.
• Associates or technical degree required
• Due to Government regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Familiar with computers/computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel,)
• Experience with Guidance and Navigation systems a plus.
• Experience with General Purpose Test Equipment (i.e. as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers).
• Attention to detail is a must. Ability to follow step-by-step procedures and follow precise instructions
• Environmental test experience is a plus.
• Ability, flexibility and willingness to work different shifts, flex shifts and alternate work weeks including overtime and weekends on a long-term daily basis as business needs require
• Technical education is a plus along with a minimum of 4 years experience in an electronics discipline.
• Have an understanding of digital electronics and proficient use of general purpose test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters along with exposure to environmental testing for space flight products.
• Ability to read schematics, follow procedures, and apply computer skills and technical knowledge to competently troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
• Capable of generating clear and precise technical documentation for the preparation of action registers, engineering orders, and data book entries.