Education Requirement(s): Minimum High School Diploma/GED.
• May be asked to sort, feed cartons into machines, pack, clean, etc. Safety, 5S and quality.
• Maintain housekeeping and 5S to standards set by management.
• Support the purpose of the team by participating in initiatives, activities, and attending all meetings scheduled during shift.
• Additional duties as assigned by department manager.
• Required – PPE must be worn while on your job. At a minimum safety glasses, steel toe shoes and hearing protection.
• Required – All safety policies and guidelines must be followed.
• Required – “Let’s talk safety” We use this phrase as a safety intervention and our employees want you to look out after your fellow employees so that they do not get hurt on the job.
• Compliance with all workplace rules, policies and procedures, i.e. SQF, safety, etc.
Protective Equipment Required:
• Safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe shoes, hair nets, beard nets, cut resistant gloves as needed.
• Testing and Measuring Ability (General Math): Ability to use and read basic measurement devices, (calculator, tape measure, and ruler.) Requires pallet jack operation.
• Pass Farnsworth Munsel-100 Hue Test.
• Written/Verbal Communications Skills: Must follow detailed instructions for training and quality.
• Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of Cartons: Perform quality checks on cartons being processed.
• Essential: Lift cartons onto belt.
• Marginal: May be required to work in other areas as needed. Operate tow motor (if licensed) and/or hand jack.
• Check cartons and sort for defects
• Check load tickets against cartons being ran
• Feed machine, place cartons on belt maintaining proper stack height and carton direction
• Ensure stack is straight
• Change pallets and/or loads
• Assist in line clearance procedure
• Pack cartons
• Special projects