- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers. Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases.
- Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools. Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
- Converts/uses contractual documents, engineering drawings, technical manuals, Time compliance Technical Order, or other technical data to provide direction in work documents to accomplish aircraft production/maintenance/modification.
- Uses standardized processes to resolve errors with engineering and other technical data. Conducts concurrent review boards with Production, Quality, and Engineering to ensure work documents are technically accurate and clearly written for technician/mechanic execution. Conducts hangar floor checks for work document improvement opportunities. Initiates/ processes Planning Change Requests.
- Provides direction to liaison planners for incorporation of work document updates. Coordinates across functional organizations to clear document rejects. Participates in Integrated Product Team meetings to provide status of work packages.
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance and/or modification technical writing experience
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
- Ability to plan sequence of work
- Proficient using MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience writing work instructions
- 4-years Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Bill Of Materials (MBOM) structure
- Experience using military technical manuals
- F-16( fighter experience preferred), C-130, C-5, and or P-3 experience
- Champion of Culture of Accountability
- Previous experience in technical writing
- Good organizational and communication skills
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Resumes will not be passed to the manager that do not show experience in:
1) technical writing
2) background in reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
Category Name Required Importance Experience
Areas of Expertise Technical Writing Yes 9
Areas of Expertise Aircraft Modification No 8
Software Skills MS Office No 8
Technical Skills Ability to Read Engineering Drawings Yes 9
Technical Skills Ability to write technical documents and end-user documentation Yes 9
Technical Skills Technical Writing Yes 9
Technical Skills Ability to Edit, Process, and Implement Work Orders No 7
Technical Skills Bill Of Materials (BOM) No 5
Technical Skills Component Technical Specifications No 5
Technical Skills Evaluate Technical Reports No 5
Technical Skills Technical No 8
Technical Skills Technical Review Meetings No 7