Senior Contract Administrator
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field and three years of experience reviewing, preparing and/or monitoring of procurement contracts, auditing financial/grant/service contracts, auditing and reviewing proposed contracts/grants, or monitoring and evaluating compliance; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
• This position performs assists with handling the Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) and Registered Service Disabled Veteran (SDV) contract compliance activities for all Professional Service (Engineering, Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Survey and Mapping) projects.
• This is not a supervisory position
• An employee in this position is responsible for ensuring the County’s contractual procedures are functioning to ensure effective and efficient control of governmental contracts in accordance with current Federal, State, and County laws and regulations.
• Work involves the review of proposals and task requests to determine the amount of M/WBE participation, traveling to meetings to inform bidders/proposers about the Division’s M/WBE program including Registered SDV and State of Florida dislocated workers.
• Monitoring contracts to document M/WBE and Registered SDV utilization, working with different departments to advocate for M/WBE and Registered SDV firms, compiling a monthly report for M/WBE Advisory Committee and facilitating a monthly How to do Business workshop.
Representative Duties /Assignments
• Attends Pre-Proposal Conferences and Project Kickoff Meetings to inform proposers about County’s Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) requirements using own vehicle
• Evaluates Professional Services Request for Proposals for M/WBE & Registered Service Disabled Veteran utilization and Dislocated Workers Hiring Commitment
• Reviews M/WBE sub-consultant agreements for contract compliance
• Sends out M/WBE congratulatory package via e-mail, which includes M/WBE required reporting forms and instruction guide to awarded Prime Consultants
• Creates and maintains contract file by updating all activity logs
• Evaluates Professional Services Task Authorizations within 48 hours of receipt for M/WBE & Registered Service Disabled Veteran utilization
• Monitors contracts for M/WBE compliance, reviews quarterly Prime consultant M/WBE Utilization, payment verification forms and EEO reports
• Sends out quarterly report reminders to prime consultants
• Reviews and approves progress payment applications within 48 hours of receipt
• Evaluates Continuing Contracts at renewal time to determine level of M/WBE utilization
• Completes Contract Closure process
• Conducts a site visit prior to project being closed
• Maintains different databases and Trend Series
• Completes Professional Services section of monthly Business Development report
• Interfaces with User Division Project Managers to assist in identifying opportunities for Primes as needed
• Assists in resolving conflicts that involve M/WBE sub-consultants
• Attends community events and/or expos to promote the Division
• Assumes duties of fellow BDD Senior Contract Administrators in their absence
• Performs other related work as required such as conducting the “How to Do Business workshop” on a rotating basis
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration and at least two years of local government experience reviewing, preparing and/or monitoring of procurement contracts, auditing financial/grant/service contracts, auditing and reviewing proposed contracts/grants, or monitoring and evaluating compliance