CSBG Disaster Recovery Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Community Program Manager, the “Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Disaster Recovery Project Manager”will work onsite and remotely with senior staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to provide technical assistance and guidance, develop policies and procedures, and design programs for post-disaster community services recovery efforts. The position will:
• Work with the CSBG Community Program Manager, to setup a “CSBG Disaster Recovery” project design, interpret and apply the CSBG regulations within the context of the project to ensure planned results are achieved on time and within budget.
• Work as part of a team to manage the CSBG Disaster Recovery project, including but not limited to the project design, approval, planning, execution, and closeout.
• Provide technical assistance to CSBG eligibleentities that are assisting and implementing post-disaster recovery social services efforts.
• Develop and/or refinewritten project procedures and processes for implementation by eligible CSBG eligible entities.
• Provide guidance and expertise on applicable Federal regulations and requirements and understand how they interplay with project design, implementation and oversight of community services recovery programs.
• Provide day-to-day project management support and track project deliverables throughout project life-cycle.
• Create and publish project documentation, including project status reports, project schedules and plans, risks, issues, and other documentation, as needed.
• Monitor CSBG eligible entities to ensure compliance, deliverables, invoicing, finances, administration and documentation are in check.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Government, or a related discipline.
• Project and personnel management skills and experience.
• Strong writing skills with experience in creating documents like Status Reports, Schedules and Plans, Risks, and Issues for project monitoring purposes.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to stay organized, work independently and in collaboration witha team.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint).