Job Title: Quality Engineer
• Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Quality Role in a Manufacturing Environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical studies.
• Strong analytical ability to solve programs and ability to learn quickly.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports.
• Ability to follow a This structured project management process including document meeting minutes, action items, and monitor progress.
• Ability to train other inspectors to QA procedures.
• Some level of work with Tech Pub welding.
• Developed and implemented weld testing procedures.
• Can lead a group to complete pFMEAs, Control Plans, Process Mapping and Process Capability.
• Familiar with PPAP process and can manage and oversee the PPAP submission of suppliers for compliance and guide them as needed.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with EHS rules.
• Lead the work area with a safe culture mindset.
• Support employees in their decision to shut down unsafe or environmentally damaging equipment or processes.
• Ensure completion of EHS training by all Employees.
• Participate actively in the safety process.
• Ask questions if something isn’t known.
• Initiate an investigation on all accidents and injuries immediately.
• Submit suggestions to improve EHS and take action on suggestions submitted by employees.
• Act as emergency management coordinator for meeting locations and shelter areas.
• Initiate accountability in the event of an emergency. (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.).
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely.
• Ensure the completion of all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize deficiencies in chemical labeling.
• Coordination in minor spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to enforce satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
1. Lead a group to complete pFMEAs, Control Plans, Process Mapping and Process Capability.
2. Write and maintain control plans and other quality documents as requested
3. Maintain documentation and records of tests.
4. Support additional QA technician duties (e.g. material inspection) as required.
5. Familiar with PPAP process and can manage and oversee the PPAP submission of suppliers for compliance and guide them as needed.
6. The ability to audit departments for compliance to quality procedures