• Perform chemical experiments, tests, and analyses.
• Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 standards and specifications. 50
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of the laboratory (cleaning/sterilizing/troubleshooting/calibrating instruments and equipment, and keeping orderly work stations). 20
• Provide technical expertise in support of R&D, investigate quality issues, and New Product Introductions. 10
• Collect and interpret experimental data, compile technical reports, graphs, and charts as needed. 10
• Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products. 5
• Train operators and support management of quality test certification of hourly workforce 5
Education (includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc)
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other science.
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
• Ability to set up and conduct chemical experiments/tests such as chromatography, spectroscopy, and titrations.
• Keep detailed records of laboratory data in notebooks and related software.
• Effective communication between laboratory, production and sales.
• Ability to effectively manage time.
• General computer skills.
• Must be able to lift 15-20 pounds
• Must be flexible - willing to work over-time as needed
• Previous laboratory experience in a plant based site.