Miscellaneous Position Notes:
• Leather shoes are required for laboratory work. It is the contractor’s responsibility to have adequate footwear prior to work start date.
• Contact lenses are not allowed in the laboratory.
• Various ingredient samples that may contain potential allergens are handled routinely in this facility. Including but not limited to milk, peanuts, eggs, tree nuts, soy, gluten, fish, and shellfish.
• Responsible for receiving and processing incoming lab samples for a variety of testing. Accurately evaluate and report results. Retain lab samples according to designated retention policy.
• Daily processing of lab samples. Receive, sort, label, and grind incoming samples. Execute needed testing on lab samples. Testing to include but not limited to NIR scanning, dry matter analysis, pH, and particle size analysis.
• Daily retention management of laboratory samples. Tasks include but are not limited to storing, disposing, and relocating samples to maintain an accurate retention period for all samples.
• Develops proficiency in multiple basic and physical analysis. Demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot and meet deadlines without direct supervision.
• Utilize our laboratory LIMS database system to log incoming samples with sample information and required testing, general data entry and inventory management.
• Ensures data quality by evaluating results according to specified standards.
• Readily understands training for new techniques and applies these learnings to role.
• Participate in lab housekeeping program and follow designated policy.
• Perform daily equipment performance and maintenance checks.
• Proactive focus on workplace safety and shows initiative to work safely and follow policy.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and associated tools.
• At least two years of relevant experience : Required
• Work effectively within a team, with strong communication skills: Required
• The ability to multitask and prioritize effectively: Required
• The ability to work flexible hours including occasional Saturday’s: Required
• High School Diploma: Required
• Four year college degree in a science focused discipline: Want