**** URGENT NEED ****
Backend API Developer with 6+ years developing API's on the backend ; Any experience with KONG or Mulesoft is a BIG PLUS
The top skill sets we are looking for this position:
1. Experience with developing RESTful microservices for at least 2-3 years with overall 5+ years of experience
2. Accustomed and aware of best practices for Microservices development using one of the industry-standard frameworks
3. Professional in at least one of Java + Spring Boot or Express + NodeJS for API development
4. Experience with writing SQL queries to procure required data from MySQL or PostgreSQL or similar database
5. Aware of service discovery methodologies using Kong or Mulesoft or similar API Gateways
6. Experience with containerization of services for better scaling
In being more specific with regards to Microservice or Web Services, it is a very generic term and each project builds their own microservices. The candidate needs to be accustomed and aware of the process and best practices for development of these services which is what is more standardized.
With regards to Databases, point 4 in the above description lists the databases we use currently.
Senior Backend API Developer
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell. You will be an active and integral member of a team to achieve the completion of goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
• As a software engineer at Honeywell, you will spend most of your time writing code and tests. But you'll also participate in the entire lifecycle: sprint grooming, sprint planning, design, coding, retrospectives, user testing, hackathons, and innovation sprints.
• You will work on a team of 10-12 people including: scrum masters, product owners, designers, software engineers, and DevOps.
• You and your team collaborate to build products from the idea phase through launch and beyond. The software you write makes it to production in 12 short weeks.
• Our teams live by its ‘teach and learn’ mantra. We value our more seasoned engineers because they bring additional value to our company by using their years of experience to guide the next generation.
YOU MUST HAVE
• At least 3-5 years of professional software engineering experience including a backend-centric focus.
• Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs using a API-Led approach
• Experience with RAML / OpenAPI (OAS, formerly Swagger) Specifications
• Experience with Microservices
• Experience with Web Services
• Experience with Databases
• Familiarization and Experience with API Gateways and the Management of APIs
• Familiarization with Containerization using Docker and Kubernetes and its full benefits
• Familiarization with tech stacks for backends and associated frameworks and tools (ideally a semi-expert level in at least one of the tech stacks)
• Familiarization with security standards and protocols
• Experience and Familiarization with on-premise and cloud-based systems
• Semi-expert understanding from a system-level point of view for an end-to-end integrated Connected Enterprise Solution (including a basic architecture knowledge or core components – load balancers, gateways, proxies, service discovery, logging, monitoring, etc)
• Experience working in an Agile environment and using a CICD process for the full SDLC
• Familiarization with DevOps
• Be familiar with several programming languages and have in-depth experience with at least one.
• Write clean, logical, high quality code and unit tests.
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
• Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
• Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience. Have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals.