• Independently review, draft, issue spot, evaluate risk and negotiate various contracts using the group's playbooks, templates and your good judgment.
• Contract types include: sales, construction, consulting, independent contractors, procurement (sourcing of products and services), external manufacturing/tolling, storage and handling, warehousing.
• Ability to collaborate with the client (verbally or written) and other team members in order to meet aggressive deadlines and high volumes.
• Willing to propose and follow through with a reasonable approach and negotiation position while finalizing contracts in an expeditious manner.
• Solutions oriented and the ability to provide alternative solutions.
Minimum Education Required:
• College degree plus a JD (and license to practice law in MN)
Other Required Experience/Qualifications:
• Seven (7) or more years of experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts.
• Based on the types and volume of contract requests we are requesting a lawyer for this project.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Team oriented.
• Ability to communicate with all levels and to clearly articulate the position, risks and concerns with internal clients and suppliers and customers.
• Comfortable with electronic records, document management systems and Microsoft Office products (mostly Word and Outlook).
Additional Preferred Experience/Qualifications:
• Open to highly experienced paralegal or lawyer.