• Assembles and fits parts to fabricate tools, mechanisms, and machines for experimental purposes, such as solving problems relative to materials, tools, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, product specifications, and fabrication methods for production process, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures, using machining tools.
• Discusses product information, such as design, capacity and purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate product, with engineer and other personnel.
• Assesses written specifications, drawings, rough sketches, and verbal instructions to plan layout and determine sequence of operations.
• May pick metal stock and lay out design according to dimensions computed from scale drawings. Specialized/Lead support.
• Typically >5 years experience.
• Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen