• The collections analyst actively handles a portfolio of customer accounts within the core accounts team.
• The analyst assists in reducing company’s days sales outstanding (DSO) and resolves all issues slowing or preventing customer payments.
• The collections representative achieves these responsibilities by conducting business to business collections calls in a professional and courteous manner, and by email/fax communication, to supplement phone calls.
• The collections representative is ultimately tasked with ensuring the company’s cash flow and risk are maintained at acceptable levels.
How you will impact company:
• Prioritize customer calls and/or discrepancies to be resolved
• Meet and exceed monthly cash flow goals determined by management
• Record detailed notes of all activity related to customer accounts
• Follow-up on previous collections efforts to ensure payments are received as promised
• Obtain and provide invoice copies to customers
• Review orders for creditworthiness
• Recommend accounts for credit review to credit analyst
• Keep management informed of all potential credit risks discovered during collections process
• Interact with plant and sales personnel to obtain necessary information to collect balances
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all customers within assigned A/R portfolio
• Recommend accounts for write-off, bad-debt reserve, or payment plans
• Provide Cash Applications team with requested information
• Special projects
What you need to succeed:
• 3+ year’s experience
• Experience in JD Edwards preferred
• Large company experience preferred
• Manufacturing experience a plus
• College degree preferred
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.