Responsible to act in accordance with the policies set forth in the current procedures manual.
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the Sprecher + Schuh Warehouse by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
• Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
• Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
• Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
• Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
• Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
• Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
• Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
• Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
• Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
• Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
• Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
• Preparing parcels for mailing.
• Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
• Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
• Wearing the proper safety equipment.
Other duties may be assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Education: GED or High School Diploma