Bachelor's Degree required in MIS or closely related work experience.
• Minimum 5 (5) years of prior related experience in accounting or tax related field
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of business process analysis or design
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain several concurrent projects while providing realistic delivery dates and managing customer expectations
• Experience working in team environment with strong collaboration skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Has a solid understanding of indirect tax concepts, laws and regulations and is able to communicate them for processes improvement and system implementation purposes.
• SQL experience required Vertex Q and O series strongly preferred
• General knowledge of Direct & Indirect Taxes SQL proficient SharePoint Hyperion Taxware Vertex PTMS MAS/Mastermind AS400 Queries JD Edwards Oracle
Position Summary Job Description:
• The Tax Systems Manager will utilize broad tax, business, and systems knowledge to design and implement tax process and tax technology solutions to increase accuracy and efficiency in the determination and reporting of indirect tax obligations.
• The Tax Systems Manager is responsible for all technology-based business solutions for the Corporate Tax Department.
• The Tax Systems Manager works closely with tax professionals, IT specialists and business partners to support all aspects of tax technology products and projects that have an impact to the Company’s taxes.
• Liaison between Corporate Tax and IT specialists and /or external vendors.
• Maintain Tax Decisions Matrix for various billers.
• Responsible for systems and/or product comparisons and evaluations.
• Act as Tax project lead in systems implementations and conversions
• Coordinate user acceptance testing & quality review, and handle issues accordingly.
• Lead and manage rollout and training process to end users, ensuring that system users are adequately supported.
• Monitors effective implementation and ensures communication of regular project updates; timely escalation of issues to correct parties and offer recommendations for resolution.
• Works closely with end users to streamline current processes.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates tax business systems, process, and needs Elicits and documents system tax requirements
• Participates in tax software screening and analysis
• Coordinates with the business and tax department in developing and executing testing strategies
• Collects and reviews transactional data to ensure accurate tax determination and reporting
• Configures and maintains systems for tax determination and returns
• Provides month end data reports as well as daily report requirements from the Tax Compliance or Tax Audit team