• Directs bulk and package trucks, rail and boats for on-time pick-up of salt product.
• Verifies and addresses problems
• Related to inventory levels for shipping on a daily basis and maintains all recordkeeping of product shipped via truck , rail or boat.
• Verify and Direct Bulk Truck shipments of Salt products.
• Verify and address customer orders received at check in check out stations on daily basis.
• Maintain good record keeping of all shipping records.
• Candidate must have experience in shipping bulk and package products.
• The more Computer expertise they have the easier it is to learn our Shipping systems.
• Need to have good communication skills with carriers.
• Be able to handle high volume shipping.
• Need to have some organizational skills.
Responsibilities and Duties (Principal Accountabilities):
1. Trafficking bulk trucks, rail and boats in and out daily 45%
Checking and Processing orders in and out daily for Bulk truck shipments. 70%
2. Coordinating and verifying orders and problem-solving inventory levels daily product availability 10%
Verifying, Checking, and problem solving orders daily. 10%
3. Recordkeeping related to trafficking of truck, rail and boats 35%
Recordkeeping of daily shipping orders 10%
4. Miscellaneous job duties: document filing, purging of old records 10%
• High School graduate or equivalency
Specialized Knowledge, Qualifications & Years of Experience Required
• Good customer communication skills.
• Good organization and problem-solving skills; excellent basic math skills and computer (Excel, Outlook, Word) skills
• Candidates must be able to work independently and need minimal guidance or supervision.
• We are looking for professional candidates for this position - they must be comfortable with a business casual attire, have excellent communication, be committed and able to complete the entire project.
• This is not a warehouse position - it is within an office type of environment.
• The candidates will not be in the warehouse or outside directing the trucks, they're communicating via e-mail and phone.
• They're also utilize intercoms to communicate with the drivers who come in with product.
• No steel toe boots needed, jeans are OK as long as they're nice (no holes or rips) and a nice polo would also be acceptable.
• A candidate who has worked in a warehouse doing shipping/receiving and inventory control and who is professional would be a great fit for this position as they have to understand how shipping works - they're also utilizing client's internal software system, not a lot of Excel knowledge needed.