This position will support Operational activities in preparing products for presentation to our customer and shipment.
Responsibilities will include:
Applying basic technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of paint preparation and final assembly.
Performs initial surface preparation and other detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization
• Sanding as required to remove old paint and other surface materials that may interfere with paint application.
• Fill surface imperfections with specified material and sand as appropriate to promote smooth finish.
• Perform minor assembly of parts, components and subsystems using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards.
• Mask and tape components as necessary to prevent paint overspray and allow for multiple color application.
• Read and interpret specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
• The individual is required to be a supportive member of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Quality System policies to provide a safe work place and eliminate conditions and behaviors which may cause work related illnesses and/or injuries while delivering quality product and services on time.
Mandatory Team player Basic computer skills
Desired Previous experience in assembly and inspections