• Very structured environment for Technical Writing with an insurance focus. Where they have hired well in the past are candidates who have served in a training capacity or technical writing capacity.
• Think of it less of a “Journalist” or “Communications” degreed person, and more someone who understands the need for communicating a detailed process.
• For example, this department once hired a candidate who worked in a Training Manager role and had strong communication skills, but had not served in a technical writing role in previous work history.
• But the PROCESS UNDERSTANDING & ORGANIZATION skillset was there and they were able to properly write and speak to.
• They MUST have strong attention to detail and superb organization in their background typically found in a training background or DETAILED technical writing background.
• They will be performing basic updates to complex content (not necessarily creating).
• An understanding or background in insurance is a huge bonus.
• Previous experience utilizing any Authoring Tool is a huge plus, and ESPECIALLY XML based.
• In Knowledge Management Consultant role, you will work with a team of experts and help write new content and revise existing content that is clear, concise, engaging, relevant, and consistent. Your expertise will ensure this content can be shared across channels and is usable and easily found.
• You will work closely with stakeholders from all areas of the business and develop deep knowledge of healthcare subjects and audience information needs. Essentially, you will help create content so that it can be delivered at the right time to the right audience – including consumers, members, providers, employers and agents/brokers.
• This team creates and maintains content across Service Operations in alignment with corporate compliance.
• Your key accountabilities are the timely creation of content, in alignment with content strategy and multiple complex business goals, in order to meet the needs and enhance the experience of various audiences.
As the Knowledge Management Consultant, you will:
• Focus on creation of content hat meets business requirements and is useful and relevant to targeted audiences
• Create content that is compliant, SEO optimized, reusable across properties, consistent in style and tone, and aligned with business objectives and goals
• Ensure that content is aligned with design and that all deliverables are in sync
• Assist with creation and maintenance of content standards, including library of common reusable content
• Work closely with other project team members and leads including other internal consultants, process owners, facilitators and curriculum owners
• Work collaboratively and cohesively across teams to gather information in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and reviews
• Have the ability to receive feedback professionally and respond accordingly in a positive, productive and, as needed, proactive way that produces excellent content
• Possess the ability and confidence to negotiate diplomatically to achieve the most effective content
• Apply business expertise to assist in determining impacts to the organization, while consulting with process and business owners
• Ability to interpret Department of Insurance guidelines and compliance regulations, in order to translate into easy-to-use documentation
• Curate and write content for multiple channels
• Excellent fact-gathering and writing ability, with proven record of accuracy and adherence to style and grammar
• Experience writing content and understanding of Knowledge Management best practices
• Ability to interpret workflow processes either from research with process organization or side-by-side observation of SMEs.
• Familiarity with software development processes (e.g., waterfall, agile)
• Knack for juggling several projects, managing time efficiently and prioritizing appropriately
• Experience working with subject matter experts, content reviewers, editors, legal and compliance, and user experience teams
• Passion for sharing information and helping others be successful
• Focused on team success rather than individual success
• Approachable, respectful, open, transparent and easy to work with – even in stressful situations
• Ability to be self-aware, receive feedback and continually improve
• Ability to produce clarity when confronted with unclear situations
• At least 2-3 years of writing experience, or skill set that has required a HIGH attention to detail in process understanding and organization
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Proven expertise in grammar and style adherence
• Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment – including dealing with changing processes and priorities
• Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
• Familiar with content management systems
• Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Conversant and comfortable with principles of design, writing and editing
• Proficient with: Microsoft Office
• Experience in wellness and/or healthcare
• Experience authoring in XML
• Experience in the Insurance industry