- The purpose of this position is to maintain safe working conditions through housekeeping tasks, to clean and paint equipment, and to assist operators in their tasks as needed.
- Operators in this position are responsible upkeep of the production areas during welding shutdown.
Operators in this position:
• Perform housekeeping tasks including but not limited to picking up debris throughout the plant, emptying garbage cans, washing down or blowing down equipment, dusting and removing cobwebs, and painting equipment.
• Work outdoors in a dusty environment.
• Understand and adhere to State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Client's safety rules and regulations.
• Troubleshoot minor problems as required.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation
• Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
• Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
• Assist other crush and plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the production supervisor.
• Work may include entering or serving as a hole watch for confined space entries in various process vessels, under proper permit conditions and supervision. Entry is through manways that are approx. 18” inches diameter.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Persons in this position must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be willing and able to work rotating 8 or 12 hr shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies
3. Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
4. Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant.
5. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
6. Must be able to fit through a 18” man way to enter a confined space
7. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
8. Must have very good time management skills.
9. Must be able to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills. .
10. Must be willing to accept accountability.
11. Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
- Operators in this position will use multiple hand tools and industrial vehicles to assist with job duties.