• The primary purpose of this position is to support the shipment execution process for customers and client Business Units.
• This includes collecting, preparing, maintaining, and sending various required documentation to assure scheduled shipments are carried out in an efficient manner.
• The Transportation Assistant also monitors and communicates delivery status of shipments to Sales, customers, carriers, and other stakeholders.
• Under limited supervision, this position resolves general return and diversion issues.
• The Transportation Assistant also collects, reviews, and organizes carrier documentation related to service charges.
• 50% Monitor pick ups and deliveries, communicating delays & reasons to sales and carriers. Respond to routine inquiries, Manage returns, diversions and order changes, and documentation of late deliveries.
• 40% Compile, review, and organize documentation related to carrier service incidents.
• 10% Other Duties as Assigned, including collecting data for monthly scorecard and carrier service monitoring
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 year experience in an office environment, preferably in the transportation industry
• Proven attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and Multitask
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Access and Excel
• Good sense of US geography
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management, or a related degree.
• Experience with order entry and transportation management systems
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Knowledge of transportation industry.