• The Employment Specialist is responsible for conducting video interviews for non-management positions, as well as assisting with candidate recruitment and processing.
• This position will require the associate to utilize specialized systems to facilitate interviews with candidates, as well as coordinating tasks with local HR representatives, operations management, and vendors.
• Interviewers are also responsible for communicating with candidates via telephone, email, and SMS messaging regarding the next steps in the employment process, ensuring candidates complete the employment process timely and accurately.
• At times, interviewers will assist with the recruitment, scheduling, processing, auditing and tracking of candidates as they progress through the employment process systems and web-based applications.
• Training will be provided by the client for all Processes and systems, but not for general interviewing or communication skills.
• Must be willing to adjust the days of the work week and/or scheduled hours which they are expected to work to ensure the timely delivery of HR services to our internal customers
• Must project a professional presence and adhere to appearance standards.
• will field inquiries and address employment related questions, concerns, and issues as they arise
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements quickly and confidently
• Exercise sound judgment in selecting candidates for positions
• Ability to work under broad guidelines
• Handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Trouble shoot issues, anticipate outcomes, resolve problems, and demonstrates considerable problem solving ability while working under minimal supervision and valued support to achieve business goals
• Ability to manage time effectively, with minimal supervision to manage service delivery expectations and get work completed
• Uses considerable judgment when referring to compliance documents from various sources, and possess the ability to follow specific procedures to apply knowledge for resolution in each situation
• Notifies hiring manager regarding the status of his/her request and proactively notifies local stakeholders if the hiring plan is at risk of not being met
• Extends contingent offers of employment, assigns candidates to orientation (reschedules as needed), and closes the interview using a script to ensure all pertinent information has been communicated
• Reviews background check status in AE. If the background check requires adjudication, escalates the case to supervisor to determine eligibility
• Calls ineligible candidates to notify them of their status, Coordinates DOT requirements and validates that requirements have been met to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Prepares DQF for imaging in Xerox.
• Uses advanced problem solving skills to review candidate forms for completeness, conduct audit process, identify mistakes, and create follow-up tasks to rectify incomplete/rejected forms with local HR to ensure compliance and obtain resolution.
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; if the candidate has a degree, a concentration in Human Resources Management is preferred
• Minimum experience of 1 year work experience in interviewing, hiring candidate, and general HR preferred
• Have strong interpersonal skills, in addition to strong computer and phone skills required
• Microsoft Office (MS) Excel: Intermediate level and MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook: Basic/Beginner level
• Ability to learn vendor web-based systems