• Work independently and as part of a team, developing, planning, and executing day-to-day
• equipment operations and maintenance as established in SOP’s
• Provide process and sample data to sample owners in timely fashion
• Keep clear & concise records of pilot plant operations
• Ability to work around moving equipment and chemicals safely
• Ability to use analytical equipment (pH meters, conductivity probe, UV-VIS, HPLC)
• Good mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Some background in chemistry desired
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility for this position is to operate pilot equipment to create food or non-food grade quality samples in a safe, timely and professional manner.
• The technician is responsible to ensure the pilot plant remains operational and safe.
• Technical degree (current technicians have degrees in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Associate level engineering technician)
• Hands-on processing experience running equipment as well as analytical methods.
• Interest and desire to interpret data and optimize the process.
Dress Code: casual (ie. jeans and polo)
Environment: Lab, pilot plant