• Provide manufacturing engineering support to the build of electromechanical cable assemblies.
• Provide day-to-day support to manufacturing operations to ensure quality, cost and schedule goals are met; Investigate, communicate, and solve design, producibility, and work instruction related assembly issues as required. Define optimal material and product flow within the production work cell, taking into consideration the unique requirements of each customer.
• Generate and maintain detailed assembly work instructions including narrative, diagrams, photographs, attachments, and linked documents. Support design change management activities.
• Perform and communicate nonrecurring engineering activities during production startup, which includes, writing work instructions, tooling and fixture design, development of machine automation programs as required, and configuration of the manufacturing bill of materials for manufacturability.
• Interface with technical counterparts in other organizations both within and outside Clearwater Operations.
• Minimum 3 years manufacturing engineering experience in a technical role supporting the design and manufacturing of cable assemblies.
• Must have IPC 620 knowledge.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with coworkers and others from diverse backgrounds. Proven ability to effectively communicate through written and oral means, and to multitask by handling multiple assignments in parallel.
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude, and the ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Experienced user of Microsoft office software applications including MS Word, Project, Excel, Visio, and Power Point. Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings.
• Willingness to work overtime and during off days occasionally as required to support production operations.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited University in Engineering.
• Experience or training with advanced manufacturing technology and automated equipment applications, particularly as it relates to cable assembly manufacturing; understanding of lean manufacturing principles and the use of statistical tools to solve problems.
• Strong technical understanding of cable assembly producibility and process flow.
• Specific experience with SAP and Solumina manufacturing execution system.
• Fiber optic cable manufacturing is a plus